Sunday, February 21, 2010

o.O

It's been a while, this I know. I've tried to find some internet to blog three times now, but sadly all three times it hasn't worked. Until now that is!
For some uknown reason the stupid computer is running so slow. It's updating itself, and decided that it needed to run SUPER slow. We're talking like snail mail slow here people.
I'm trying to think of what I have been up to. AAB yesterday was a lot of fun. There was this huge group from Cottonwood Church (I have no idea where it is). Their youth pastor was from Australia, like he's been here for only a couple of weeks. Anyway they came with our normal group to go pray for this lady. She has some lung diesease, and is bed-ridden. It was really cool becuase one of my fellow Movement students, Jessica, opened it up, and then opened it up for anyone who felt led to pray to pray. One of the Cottonwood kids was the first one to jump on that. What was so cool about it was I had heard him a few minutes before telling his friend how he didn't like knocking on the doors asking random people if they needed prayer because it threw him way out of his comfort zone. But there he was standing in this woman's living room praying for her healing.
Something I realized recently was how many homeless people you see wandering the streets. What really brought it to my attention was a comment my roommate's mom had made. She said, "Don't you ever wonder how so many people could have lost where they are going in life, and end up living on the street corners?" That got me to thinking, how do all these people end up like that? I mean I've noticed all the homeless, but it's never really hit home. They all have stories, they are all there for one reason or another. It's kind of heart-breaking driving around seeing all of them.
Me and two of my roommates went to Hollywood the other night. We went to this mall on the Walk of Fame, and there were all these strangely dressed kids. We found out that there was an Alice in Wonderland party thing, and if you dressed up you could go into Hot Topic and get free posters. I felt so at home with these kids. They were all emo/goth kids. It was pretty funny. I turned to my roommates and was like, "Now these be my people."
Random story, we took the Metro subway thing to Hollywood. My roomie only had a $20, and it's a $1.25 for a ticket. The stupid machine gave her $19 in change. Litteraly change, it was one dollar coins.
Those are about all the random stories that I can think of.

No comments:

Post a Comment