Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Whoa

Alright, so this is my first blog while in LA. I've been here about a week and a half. It's been completely amazing, and eye opening. I love this city. It's movin' and busy, not to mention sunny. Except the past couple of days it's been raining. We haven't been doing too much, just a lot of orientations and meetings. We did have Hell Day (appropriately named if you ask me). They woke us up at 2 a.m. to wash our feet like Jesus washed his diciples. All the while I'm thinking o man we aren't going to ge to crawl back in bed after this are we? No, we didn't. We then went and put on shoes and socks (and normal clothes for those like me who showed up in their p.j.'s :P ). Then we were locked in a dark room for a time of prayer and worship. Which was amazing once I got past the point of practically sleeping standing up. Time to go to bed yet?? NOPE!!! We went outside and did team building exercises. We also walked to the Bonnie Brae House (sorry if that is horribly misspelt). That is where the Azusa Street Revival Started. Talk about incredible. Lunch time finally. (I snuck a quick nap in there) Up again and time to walk to Hollywood. That's about 10 miles from the Dream Center (about 2 1/2 hours one way). But there was a reason behind all this madness. We knelt down and prayed on the stars on the walk of fame. I was by Britney Spears and Destiny's Child. One of the most tiring days of my life. But one of the most amazing. When you think that you don't have any more to give, that's when you rely on God to keep you going, keep one foot movin' in front of the other. Without Him I never would have made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment