Friday, November 20, 2009

Kitchen Duty

I had kitchen duty for a couple of days a couple of days ago... I filled in for someone. Here's how this works... You wake up around 4:45 hastily throw on some clothes, and head over to the kitchen. My first day I cracked eggs for a couple of hours, then I got the pleasure of frosting some cakes. My second day I go to cut lettcue, assemble that lettuce into salads, and cut some honey dew mellons. It wasn't that bad really, it's just an un-godly hour of the day.
Second thought, I've noticed that they can make anything spicey here. Eggs, beef stroganoff, mashed potatoes, meatloaf... Anything can be made spicy.
Today I met a homeless woman. She was very nice. We were going around asking people if they could fight for a cause what would it be. This was her response, I don't know what I would fight for because I'm homeless. No one cares what I have to say. It was kind of heart breaking really. They're people just like us.
Next thought. Last night was Thursday night church. I was so excited because Benny Perez was preaching. This man is hilarious. Anyway he was teaching about when Jesus calmed the storm in the boat. But he made a great point about when Peter walked on the water (I know different story). Anyway he was talking about how at least Peter tried, even though he took his eyes off Jesus and fell. Here's the best quote ever... I'd rather be a wet water walker, than a dry boat talker. Don't let anyone get down on you for throwing yourself after God, and trying your hardest.
Last thought. Playing paper plate frisbee in the hall is challenging and a blast. Not to mention a cheap way to entertain yourself.
That is all I wish to convey to you at the moment.
Peace...

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to your Dad's world, actually his is more like 4 am. Did you get to wear a fun little hair net like the cafeteria ladies at school. If so did you get a picture?

    Mommy-o

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes I did, but no I did not get a picture lol...

    ReplyDelete